Thursday, March 17, 2011

GleeK


Ok, I admit it... I like the show.  The Glee world is a buzz over finally getting what they wanted, Kurt and Blaine to kiss.  Isn't it what we all want for those of us true to our identities... to get our true love.  While musically the soul is worked out of the show with the extensive over production even though I think several of the cast have the chops to pull off a song with out the auto tune.  Darren Criss (Blaine) who I was aware of long before glee via youtube and the "A Very Potter Musical" and other Starkid shows certainly doesn't need technology to sound good.  Really its kind of remarkable since I saw those youtube shows around the time I came out.  To see Criss in a rather gay show, while he isn't himself, is kind of a unique full circle moment for me.

In any case the show does have something to say and it's all on the surface.  No reading between lines... Really we're all losers trying to find our way and a place where we fit in and maybe finding love along the way.  Why not do it with a song or two.  It will be interesting to see where it goes, probably nothing unpredictable.  But my heart does go pitter pat when I get to see cute gay love.  And I ask, when is my turn?

No comments:

Post a Comment